Tuesday, April 1, 2008

On my 4-day break

So Thursday I get to be with my beautiful wife for a few days before taking off to Iraq. I can't wait to see her. We've taken so many roadtrips together in the past (Bristol Mountains, Canada, Orlando, Poconos) that it will be wonderful taking another road trip back home from Fort Dix. They say that the best view of Dix is the one in the rear-view mirror. I expect it to be true. Wednesday is my Birthday (April 2) and I'll get to celebrate it just a few days later with my family in Pittsburgh.

Here are the top things I'm looking forward to the most (in no perticular order):

Sharing a bed with my wife
Going to Sunday service at Providence where dedication to scripture is always solid
Going out to dinner with James and Nicole to celebrate my birthday, my promotion, and their new house
Having dinner at my parent's house where my mom will make tortellini with cream sauce, pluse we'll have mozzarella and prosciutto
Going down to the strip district with my wife and having a nice cappuccino
Enjoying a glass of wine with my wife
Eating cheesecake
Eating chocolate kinder eggs with my family
Eating anything that isn't an MRE for lunch
Sleeping in until 8am and not feel guilty about it
Recharging and relaxing before deploying to Iraq

4 comments:

~*Mrs. Heather Sauret*~ said...

i can't wait to see you either baby!!!! and you better believe sharing a bed with your wife is first on that list!! ;-)

MILLYBRILLY said...

hy,my name is milly and i'm really proud of people that do what you do for your country.keep going...never forgetting your wife...you all are the best.
milena from italy

Admin said...

I wish you the best of everything in Iraq. I am very interested in reading first hand account of life in Iraq. Hope to get back to your blog time and again.

Becca said...

What a lovely list! I'm praying for the Sauret's, and I'm so glad you both get a few days before deployment.