Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Steelers vs. Vikings - Predictions...

I like fans making bold predictions. So I'm going to try a few of my own...

1) Adrian Peterson will not rush for more than a 100 yards, but will come very, very close. Steelers always play up or down to the competition. For the most part we contain the elite backs, but Peterson is still phenomenal so he will make us sweat a little.

2) We will pick off Favre at least twice (Polamalu will have one of those interceptions).

3) We will hold the Vikings to an insanely low amount of yards in the first half (under 100), and then they will adjust and explode in the fourth quarter.

4) Whichever team has the ball in the last two minutes wins this game.

5) Fright Night will get more rushing yards than Adrian Peterson.

6) Big Ben has another 300-yard passing game.

7) Vikings Defense will double-cover Hines Ward and bump Santonio Holmes in his routes, leaving Mike Wallace open to have another 100+ yard performance.

8) We will sack Favre at least 4 times.

9) Steelers O-line protects Ben but he still gets sacked 3 times for holding on the ball for too long.

10) Jeff Reed doesn't miss any field goals, then he goes out to celebrate after the game, gets drunk and punches a police officer in the face demanding him to dispense paper towels.

4 comments:

Joel said...

AP doesn't get 100 yards!?! If your Lord allows you to gamble, I'm ready to make a wager, my friend.

Michel Sauret said...

Nope. No gambling. But I'll accept the friendly wager. The last time I guaranteed a running back wouldn't get a certain amount of yards was Clinton Portis last year who led the league until he played against us. Peterson is better, but he's been stuffed before.

Michel Sauret said...

Okay, it's on...

If Adrian Peterson gets 100 yards or more rushing (receiving yards don't count for this wager) I will post at least one comment to each of the blogs in our class.

But if he gets less than 100 yards rushing, I get an extra credit point.

Joel said...

I accept the wager after the fact, because I would have accepted it if I'd soon it before today. The extra credit point is yours.