Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Jesus Loves...

Matt sent me a link to a T-Shirt that has a picture of Jesus, and reads: "Jesus Loves The Steelers."

He asked what I might think of the shirt, and quite honestly, I find it revolting. There's several reasons for why I feel this way, but the main one is this: Christ came on Earth to sacrifice His life so that we may gain ours. He died for the atonement of our sins. He is the incarnate God. He is the King of Kings. And to commercialize God for the promotion of a football team (even my very own personal favorite football team) is a ridicule of His reign. It is to use God for personal pleasure and gratification.

I actually want to thank Matt for providing the link. Don't think I'm mad at you for doing so.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Not at all, I was kind of offended by it, too. I remember when those "Jesus is my homeboy" t-shirts came out and couldn't understand why anyone would exploit something like that.

I thought it would be a good way to get a sense of how your religious and football passions interact, though. Based on your post, I definitely have a better idea.