Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Here we go crippled

Last week, I didn't mind so much that ILB Lawrence Timmons was hurt. That's because we were about to face Tennessee and his backup, Keyaron Fox, had shown to be much better against the run in the preseason.

This week, however, I feel we'll need Timmons a lot more, especially since Troy Polamalu is hurt. Timmons is great against the pass. He's fast. Athletic. He can cover, tackle and sack. Any additional pressure on the QB is a plus since the Tasmanian Devil himself isn't going to be on the field.

This week, the Bears' running game doesn't scare me, but Cry-baby Cutler will want to redeem himself after the FOUR interceptions he had against Green Bay. Especially in front of his (new) home crowd. As much as I feel disgust and pity toward Cutler, he's a decent QB. He'll shake the jitters and play better.

Tennesse exposed our defense by throwing to the tight ends. The Bears have a weapon with Greg Olsen, and I bet they intend to use him. Timmons didn't seem all that optimistic of being able to play in this game according to an interview I heard on the radio. Let's hope he does show up.

No comments: