Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Missing Troy

This isn't news but I wanted to comment on the Troy situation. He confirmed he'll be missing 3-6 weeks. I wish we had a more specific timeline.

In the next six games, the Steelers play the Bears, Bengals, Chargers, Lions, Browns and Vikings. I would say that we need Troy the most in the games against the Bears and the Chargers, which he would miss anyway even in best-case scenario.

We'll see how Culter does against us. In my previous post, I mentioned he's probably looking for redemption after a bad outing in Green Bay.

The Chargers will also want revenge, and even though I can't stand goofball Philip Rivers, the boy knows how to chuck the pig. By far, this is the one game we'll miss Polamalu the most.

The Lions may have an offense, but it's still a mess and our D can confuse the rookie, Matthew Stafford, who threw three picks against the saints last week. Plus, they're still the Lions.

The other danger may be the Vikings. By week 7, Favre and company may be clicking. Their offense still relies on combat-man Adrien Peterson, but that's one more reason for why I want Polamalu in this game.

No comments: